“If you have dreams, it is your responsibility to make them happen”.
Bel Pesce is a Brazilian entrepreneur who at 18 left Brazil to study at MIT, from MIT she then went to work in Silicon Valley. Pesce wrote the best-selling book The Brazilian Girl from Silicon Valley and has founded many successful business ventures.
In this Ted Talk, Pesce describes the 5 ways to kill your dreams. Taking a different approach for inspiring young businessmen and women, she gives these tips:
- Believe in overnight success
- Thinking that someone else has the answers for you
- Believing that when growth is guaranteed, you should settle down
- Thinking that the fault is someone else’s
- Believing that only the goals themselves matter
Running Time: 6.11 minutes
Check out our team’s all-time favorite TED Talks and let us know what you think on social media.